- Blogs and Inspiration
- Misc Resources
- Misc Resources (external, front end web dev / web design)
What is Graphic Design? Graphic design is, quite literally, what it says on the tin: designing with graphics.
What font is this? 
Use whatthefont.com to discover what a font could be (or a close match). Make sure your image is as straight as possible, and the text is on as clear background as it can (black on white works best).
I have a web development question 
Web development isn't graphics design, but it's very common on small projects for the graphic designer to be the same person building the website. Please keep these questions in a dedicated web dev thread (look in the catalog view first). Make sure to include working examples of your problem on something like jsfiddle.net. For anything more technical involving back end technologies you will be better off going to /g/.
What is /gd/ 
/gd/ refers to the image-board posted on the image-based forum, | 4Chan. It is the graphic design threads where people come together to critique, make and moan about graphic-related things such as Photoshop and GIMP. Requests can be made on there but they are more likely made on the /r/ threads.
You can also find us on Discord.
Can someone shop this image for me? 
What books should I look into?
- Philip B. Meggs – Megg's History of Graphic Design
- Robert Bringhurst – The Elements of Typographic Style
- Beryl McAlhone – A Smile in the Mind
- Josef Muller-Brockmann – Grid Systems in Graphic Design
- Jan Tschichold – The New Typography
- Hans Rudolf Bosshard – Typographic Grid
- Kimberly Elam – Grid Systems
- Kimberly Elam – Typographic Systems
- Kimberly Elam – Geometry of Design
- Stephen Coles – The Anatomy of Type
- The Vignelli Canon (http://www.vignelli.com/canon.pdf)
- Leslie Cabarga – Logo Font & Lettering Bible (not worth it)
- Erik Spiekermann – Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works
- Ellen Lupton – Thinking With Type (not worth it)
- David Harris – The Art of Calligraphy
- Sean ADAMS & Noreen MORIOKA – Logo Design Workbook
- Edward Tufte – Visual Display of Quantitative Information
- John Kane – A Type Primer
- David Airey – Logo Design Love
- Jim Felici – The Complete Manual of Typography
- Walter Tracy – Letters of Credit
- Alexander Lawson – Anatomy of Typeface
- Emil Ruder – Typography: A Textbook of Design